Gas Safety Inspections
All of your gas appliances, including your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire, should be checked once a year and serviced regularly, according to manufacturer’s instructions. Failing to have these checks done by a gas safe registered engineer could be putting you and your family at risk and in possible danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Landlord Gas Safety Certificates
As a landlord you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Therefore, you must ensure maintenance and gas safety checks on all appliances are carried out every 12 months.
Landlords must keep copies of the inspection report and certificate. If a landlord does not have a valid gas safety certificate, the Health and Safety Excutive (HSE) has the power to prosecute.
Our Gas Safety Inspections include:
- Appliance and pipework gas tightness
- Standing and working pressures
- Burner pressure/gas rate against manufaturers data plate
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Operation of all flame failure devices
- Testing the flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Physical stability of any gas appliance
- Investigating any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible
Buying a New Home?
If you vendor cannot supply an up to date annual gas safety record, you should get a gas safe registered engineer to check the gas appliance before you move in.
If your require a Gas Safety Inspection, please contact us or call 0208 624 0626.